Jason Aldrich completed the Certificate of Achievement for monday.com project management software.
This checklist was created based on the requirements of a local, county wide news website.
- Send it 10 days ahead of when you would like to publish
- Headline or Title of Article – grab the reader’s attention – search engine friendly
- Write what is interesting to the reader. What is in it for the reader?
- Utilize conversational writing
- Put the press release text in the body of the email, this helps the recipient see the content
- Attach a graphic or photo to go with each article
- Quotes are very beneficial to the release
- Include the geographic area the story applies – local
- Utilize the inverted pyramid style
- About the Organization promoted in the release
- Images to attach: .jpg and .png file
- Logos: white or transparent background
- Always provide captions for the photo: names of who is in the photo, left to right, provide photo credit last